Please wait while we find your lowest rate.
Top Newport Attractions
- Newport Mansions - A highlight of any Newport vacation, the eleven grand, Gilded Age mansions represent more than 250 years of social, architectural and landscape history in one of United State's most historically intact cities. See the magnificent history that inspired our Newport hotel's interior design. Plan your visit to the Newport Mansions.
- Cliff Walk - Find dramatic ocean views, stunning seaside flora and fauna, and an up close look at the mansions. The Cliff Walk has it all and is a "must do" for first time visitors to Newport. An entrance point is close to Gilded. Just ask us. Click here for more details on the Cliff Walk.
- Beaches - Newport offers a beach for any reason and in all seasons. Play volleyball, skip in the surf and people watch on crowded First Beach or stroll in the peaceful quiet of Third Beach. You're sure to find a strip of sand to suit you in Newport. Here is a terrific resource to all the local Beaches.
- Newport Art Museum - A few blocks away, this small museum is one of the longest running in the country. The permanent collection of more than 2,300 works of American art concentrates on artistic activity from the late 19th century to the present day, and on works emphasizing the role played by Newport and New England artists. More details: Newport Art Museum
- Sailing in Newport - From sailing classes and workshops to day trips and two-hour excursions, Sailing is a way of life in Newport. Many areas of the town are best viewed by boat, so consider carving out some time for Sailing in Newport.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame - Just a 15 minute stroll from our boutique Newport hotel, this unique museum chronicles the entire history of tennis, dating from the 12th Century through today. In its 18 galleries, the hall of fame encompasses more than 20,000 square feet of interactive exhibits, momentous videos and popular memorabilia of tennis champions past and present. More details: Tennis Hall of Fame
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours - Talk a walk off the beaten path with this award-winning tour company for a look at Newport's rich history and food culture. Tours take place every weekend from April - November, click here for more details about Rhode Island Red Food Tours.
Festivals & Events
Newport is always hopping with seasonal festivals and events. Although the Newport Folk and Newport Jazz festivals may be the most famous, the flower show and winter festival events are classic Newport events not to be missed. Below are just some of the top seasonal events held throughout the year: